The Jackson County Community Calendar is an interactive, web-based program that enables the community to post, view and search for events of broad interest to the community. The calendar is a tool for the public to advertise and promote community events and activities. It is specifically designed to house information about special events and public meetings.
Calendar postings are designed to announce one-time or special events or programs, not regularly scheduled activities (i.e., church services, exercise classes, etc.). No announcements may be posted that will promote a commercial interest or commercial cause.
The Community Calendar may be used to promote:
Educational, social, cultural or recreational events in Jackson County open to the general public sponsored by non-profit, civic, social, charitable, fraternal or educational organizations
The Community Calendar may not be used to promote political or commercial events.
Postings will be limited to those abiding by the following guidelines:
- Only events will be listed on the calendar. Examples of acceptable events include academic or athletic camps, school registrations or orientations, expos, health and wellness events, nonprofit fundraisers, concerts, plays and performances, ribbon cuttings, grand openings, significant business/organization anniversaries, recreational sports sign-ups, Parks & Recreation league sign-ups
- All entries should be submitted no less than 10 business days prior to the date of the event to allow time for review and ensure posting to the Community Calendar
- All events must be open to the general public, no “invite only” events
- All entries must be submitted by the event organizer, and contact information for that person must be included
- All entries must be accurate upon submission, change requests made after submission must be minor in nature otherwise the event will be rejected and resubmission will be requested
- K-12 sporting events, church services and political fundraisers are not eligible for posting on the Community Calendar
- No solicitations will be accepted. Community fundraisers may be accepted at the discretion of the Jackson County Chamber
- No individual events will be permitted on the calendar ( i.e., garage sales, individual fundraisers, birthday parties)
- No events outside of Jackson County, Indiana will be included on the calendar
- The online submission form must be filled out entirely, including event description and contact information. Forms with blank entry fields or no description may not be processed for posting
- Exceptions to these guidelines may be made at the discretion of the Jackson County Chamber
Calendar Review and Publishing
- All submitted events are sent to the Jackson County Chamber for approval prior to being published on the online Community Calendar
- We will do our best to post submitted events within 2-3 business days
- The Jackson County Chamber reserves the right to decline event submissions
- The Jackson County Chamber reserves the right to edit event information for length, spelling, language and clarity
In submitting events to the Community Calendar, please follow these simple guidelines to ensure sufficient detail and consistency of style throughout the site:
- Event Title: Use initial caps and lower case throughout
- Start Date & Start Time: This is the day and time the event begins
- End Date & End Time: This is the day and time the event concludes
- Description: Try to keep the information in this box to no more than three to five sentences.
- Location: Include the address, building name and room number, in the address be sure to include city, state and zip code
- Date/Time: Here is where you can go into greater detail if you have multiple activities taking place at different times during the event. (i.e., registration at 9 a.m., race starts at 9:30 a.m., etc.)
- Fees/Admission: If different prices for different levels, please be specific (i.e., $50 for early bird registration, $65 for day of event registration, etc.)
- Contact Information: Include contact name and phone number
- Contact Email: Include contact email
- Website URL: Only use if a website has been specifically created for the event or if the site contains more information about the event than included in the listing
- Event Category: Please select all categories that apply to your event, Community Calendar MUST be checked in order for it to show on the Public/Community Calendar
The Jackson County Community Calendar Event Submission Form must be completed online in order to be considered for posting. The Jackson County Chamber reserves the right to limit the number of postings from any one organization and to reject any posting when deemed to be offensive, inappropriate or not in the public’s interest or in conflict with this policy or the mission of the Jackson County Chamber. The Jackson County Chamber Board of Directors can discontinue the Community Calendar program at any time, if they see a need to do so. The Marketing Committee of the Jackson County Chamber will have direct oversight of the Community Calendar program.
Updated July 15, 2015